The mission of the Claremont Colleges Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) is to support faculty in their pursuit of teaching excellence so as to promote the intellectual and personal growth of all students at the Claremont Colleges.
The mission of the CTL is embodied in these goals:
- Promote a faculty culture of life-long learning and commitment to effective and excellent teaching,
- Enable and support faculty to learn about, implement and advance evidence-based, student-centered, inclusive teaching and learning practices and technologies in every stage of their careers, and
- Build institutional capacity for supporting excellence in teaching and learning.
To pursue these goals, the CTL
- Develops and programs opportunities for faculty to learn about evidence-based, student-centered, inclusive teaching and learning practices and technologies and to support each other in that learning,
- Offers consultations for faculty to provide personalized and confidential support on their teaching,
- Serves as a catalyst for collaboration across the Claremont Colleges on matters relating to teaching and learning by supporting the work that our institutions are already doing, connecting faculty to needed expertise, advancing of the scholarship of teaching and learning, and supporting departmental and institutional initiatives.