https://teaching.claremont.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/logo-300x62.png 0 0 claremontctl https://teaching.claremont.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/logo-300x62.png claremontctl2016-10-09 22:10:052016-10-09 22:10:05During group or partner work, have students ensure everyone around them has a partner to reduce the burden on students who don’t know anyone.
- Ask students to look around them to see if there is anyone who doesn’t have a partner.
- This will often require students who are sitting alone to move seats.
- Walk around the classroom and point out “it looks like someone near you doesn’t have a partner could you two ask them if they want to join your group?”
- This avoids awkwardness for a student who doesn’t know anyone to ask to be included in a group.
- More members of the classroom become partners in creating a welcoming classroom atmosphere.