https://teaching.claremont.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/logo-300x62.png 0 0 claremontctl https://teaching.claremont.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/logo-300x62.png claremontctl2016-10-09 23:02:242016-10-09 23:02:24Provide students techniques for evaluating sources to help them identify biased or non-authoritative sources.
Provide students techniques for evaluating sources to help them identify biased or non-authoritative sources.
For a given source, direct students to ask and answer:
- Who produced the information?
- Who could benefit from the dissemination of this information?
- What perspective is not represented?
- Does the information support or challenge established understandings of the issue?
- Identifying biased and non-authoritative sources requires knowledge of the domain. Providing a concrete set of questions can help students more efficiently identify biased and non-authoritative sources.