https://teaching.claremont.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/logo-300x62.png 0 0 claremontctl https://teaching.claremont.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/logo-300x62.png claremontctl2016-10-09 22:58:582016-10-09 22:58:58Specify your expectations for clear and consistent references and formatting to support complete and consistent formatting of references.
Specify your expectations for clear and consistent references and formatting to support complete and consistent formatting of references.
- Explain to students that the formatting of references varies for different disciplines
- Provide students guidelines for how you want references formatted
- Direct students how to consistently and completely label figures and graphs.
- Have students’ bibliography due before the final version of the paper so that students spend enough time completely and consistently formatting their references.
- Many resources exist online to help students completely and consistently format that references. Purdue Resource
- When possible explain the rationale behind formatting rules. For example, explain table titles appear above the table because tables sometimes span multiple pages.
- Document and share disciplinary expectations regarding what does and what does not require a reference.
- The Claremont Colleges Library provides an “Exploring Academic Integrity” tutorial that provides information about appropriate Attribution and Citation
- Disciplinary standards vary and it may be difficult for students to identify guides to develop complete and consistent references.