https://teaching.claremont.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/logo-300x62.png 0 0 claremontctl https://teaching.claremont.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/logo-300x62.png claremontctl2016-10-09 22:58:582016-10-09 22:58:58Specify your expectations for clear and consistent references and formatting to support complete and consistent formatting of references.
- Explain to students that the formatting of references varies for different disciplines
- Provide students guidelines for how you want references formatted
- Direct students how to consistently and completely label figures and graphs.
- Have students’ bibliography due before the final version of the paper so that students spend enough time completely and consistently formatting their references.
- Many resources exist online to help students completely and consistently format that references. Purdue Resource
- When possible explain the rationale behind formatting rules. For example, explain table titles appear above the table because tables sometimes span multiple pages.
- Document and share disciplinary expectations regarding what does and what does not require a reference.
- The Claremont Colleges Library provides an “Exploring Academic Integrity” tutorial that provides information about appropriate Attribution and Citation
- Disciplinary standards vary and it may be difficult for students to identify guides to develop complete and consistent references.